- Name of firm/company: Castle Point Borough Council
- Location: Essex
- Job Vacancy: Trainee Solicitor
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Minimum Requirements: Applicants should be LPC graduates and hold at least a 2.2-degree
- Salary: £17,161-£20,858 per annum
- How to Apply: Our preferred method of application is online via www.castlepoint.gov.uk
- Application Deadline: 11 August 2012
CABINET & CHIEF EXECUTIVE’S DEPARTMENT Post No: LG08 Job Title: Trainee Solicitor Local Scale points 18-24, £17,161-£20,858 per annum
The Council is seeking to appoint a Trainee Solicitor in the Legal Services Section of the Cabinet and Chief Executive’s Department. Applicants should be LPC graduates and hold at least a 2.2-degree.
For the post we need someone:
- who is a team player;
- keen to work with providers in the public, private and not for profits sectors;
- who can build respect and trust both within the Legal Service and outside
- highly motivated
- who is a confident communicator
- who has excellent written and verbal skills
The successful applicant will receive training in the following areas of law:
- local government law;
- contract and property law;
- residential conveyancing;
- civil and criminal litigation;
It is important to note that this training is on a fixed term contract for two years. The Council is unable to guarantee a permanent position with the Council once the contract is complete. It is expected, however, that by the end of the contract, the post holder will be in a position to undertake all duties of a solicitor.
You may speak informally to Head of Law, Fiona Wilson on 01268 882436.
Our preferred method of application is online via www.castlepoint.gov.uk.
You may also request an application pack by telephoning 01268 882440 or by e-mail to email@example.com
CV’s alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is Friday 11 August 2012
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing 03 September 2012